Moving Date Calendar
Movers Reston VA Moving Hints:
• Start early- Almost everyone has more stuff than they think they do, and almost no one leaves enough time to pack it.
• Room Lists- Start by forming two room lists, one for your current place and one for your future place. This will help you manage what has to go where.
• Room Inventory- Go to each room and write down the types of things that need to be packed: furniture items, length of shelving, closets, etc.
• Time Allotment- Make sure to leave enough time. The most common timeframe reported by people moving is that it takes a month to pack. One study reported that it takes 4-5 hours to pack an average dorm room, so that should give you an idea of what’s involved.
• Calendar- Pull out a calendar and plan by day when each room will be completed.
• Delegation- If you’re moving with family members, agree with them exactly while tasks they will be doing and the date they will be finished.
• Track your progress- at least once per week track where you are against the date on the calendar. Revise your plan if you’re falling behind.
• Referrals- Get referrals from local real estate agents and friends who have moved recently.
• Licensing- Only consider movers that are licensed, bonded and insured.
• Research- Investigate your potential movers through the U.S. Department of Transportation, MovingScam-dot-com and the Better Business Bureau.
• In-home estimates- Evaluate a minimum of 3 movers based on in-home estimates of goods to be moved.
• Price- Price isn't the only factor- extremely low bids indicate a desperate mover.
• "Binding Not-To-Exceed"- Ask for written "Binding Not-To-Exceed" estimates.
• Avoid "rogue movers"- if you feel uncomfortable, trust your instincts! Never agree to move your possessions with anyone you don’t trust.
• When packing electronics, a picture is worth 1000 words- Use a digital or cell phone camera to take pictures of how complicated wiring (computer cords, speaker wires) is hooked up. Be sure to use plenty of light and careful focus so the pictures will be clear. Print each picture and put it in the top of the box holding the item. This will make hooking up the items in your new place much easier.
1. My family was shifting from Maryland to Virginia. We hired Reston Movers and I am glad that we chose them. They are so punctual and fast in their services. And when I say there was not a scratch on my goods when I received them, trust me I meant it.
2. My new office was in a congested and compact lane. We needed to shift heavy cabinets and other furniture through it. Reston Movers did it so smoothly, like it was their every day chore. There was no fuss and our furniture was also safe. Thanks to these guys!
3. My new home was not ready and we needed to store some goods for quite a long time. These guys readily took up the task and did it so neatly, that I couldn’t help praising their accuracy. Thank you Reston Movers.
4. If you want your shifting, to be completed on time and by professionals, these are the men who can do it. They are good at their job and speedy but not hasty. Your work is completed on time with care. I recommend them to all I know.